Monday, June 28, 2010

Ten wasn't juz another number.

And so I am back from my 8 days outstation shoot and 3 days Pangkor trip. Tiring but lets recap the 8 days 1st (before I start to forget).

13/6 - Shoot began. Met my Team C's Cameraman Liew and Soundman Kin Mun.

Team C Cameraman Liew

Team C Soundman Kin Mun

and I believe I have mentioned some important notes on my previous post. So I shall skip 13/6 and 14/6.

15/6
Me Stephy and Frankie stayed up till 3am++ at WaWa's place juz to edit and transfer the KL footages. We went home at about 3.30am to pack our stuffs as our call time was 5am!! and none of us packed our luggages. Massive siao-ness I tell you. Went home. Halfway packing my stuff, I fell asleep sitting on the floor. About 5 minutes I think. and I woke up in a shock as I thought I slept for 30 mins. LOL. End up, I din pack my jacket, brought too many t-shirts and ended up with 2 luggage. All due to lack of sleep!!!

Reached office at 5am. Started loading the stuff into bus. and off we go to Kelantan!! 10 hours journey and I believe I slept through at least 8 hours of it!! =)

Our first stop was at Padang Merdeka, Kota Bharu for an opening shoot before we checked in into our apartments.
The following day (16/6), my Team's call time was the latest but didn't really get to sleep much though. Had a wondrous experience on this day. Firstly, Kelantan is a state I've never been to. Secondly, my team's topic - Wayang Kulit is one I've never experienced too. This is the first time I watch Wayang Kulit!!! (even though it is not a complete play) Although something bad happened at the time like me falling into the drain and got my entire left foot wet thanks to my cameraman; but it was nonetheless a lifetime experience.

We finished quite late that night too. Sad. Wrapped at almost 1am!!

17/6
Nothing much on this day. except that I am very the bad luck one. Kena halau while doing my Team's interview. Other 2 teams also no problem, but only mine. Really nothing to say. Later, we went to a kampung house to shoot. Stoned for some hours before the shoot actually started. Met the DOP of Third Generation, Woohoo and Ice Kacang Puppy Love. Got to listen to some of his sharing too!! Happy.

And of course, night time is where we do our file transferring, transcoding and editing. =.=

18/6
Another 8 hours of traveling to Penang!! @@ Really sit until "si fatt hoi fa" Dinner was on ourselves and hence the 4 of us decided to go out makan besar!! hahhaahhaahaa Not really makan besar also la.. juz Sakae Sushi. hehe

19/6
Although this is the 3rd time to Penang within 8 months, but I really had a different experience. From our starting point, Padang Kota Lama, my team went straight to the Clan Jetties. No exploring the town like the previous 2 visits. Also this is my first time to the Clan Jetties. I LOVE the place!!! Good place to take photos.

Chew Jetty

It was also at this stop that I actually bonded with my cameraman and realize he is different from the impression that I had on him. He is not as serious or quiet as he appear to be!!

20/6
Shoot took place at Han Jiang College (HCC). Not how I thought HCC would look like but oh well if UTAR can look like this, then why not HCC? lol

After that, we began another 7 hours journey down to Malacca!! Stopped at the overhead bridge (I duno what it's called) for dinner too. Ok, yeah, my first time eating there too. =)

21/6
Malacca shoot!! What I can say is that, the next time I go Malacca, I am pretty sure I will not get lost around A'Famosa (KD, 2010). LOL. We walked back and forth that area the whole afternoon. and I seriouly meant ONLY that area - A'Famosa, Pahlawan's McD, St Paul's church. So sad. The rest of the team got to eat cendol la chicken rice la... sobs.

But but but.... night time I got my reward!! Once again the 4 of us die die also wanna go out makan and guess what we had for dinner?? Satay Celup!!! wakakakkakakaaa Oh and I actually got to try out the HD camera. Huge gratitude to my Cameraman Liew! for forcing me to try it out. hahahahaa. TQ so very muchie!!

22/6
Last day of shoot. Went to MMU to shoot before departing back to KL. Reached office pretty late at night and reached home at about 4am!!


All in all, although many unhappy things took place here and there and we may have complained here and there too but I did not regret joining this shoot. The crews were awesome people. Our long hours bus traveling moments was not great but it wasn't all bad. As you read, I did experienced alot of new stuff. In fact, this is actually my second outstation shoot other than our Documentary's shoot at Segamat. And honestly, at certain times, it seems more like a holiday for the 4 of us! This is the greatest thing about working with a bunch of close friends. To Stephy Frankie and WaWa, you 3 made this production all the more meaningful to me!!

Us with our Production Manager Edmond

8 Crews. 6 Contestants. 3 Co-ordinators. 3 DAs. 1 Director.

Gonna miss everyone.


P/S: Apologies for the lack of photos. My ph camera sucks and I don't really have the time to go take photos during shoot.

No comments: